Man treated after tumble dryer fire

Latest news...

Latest news...

0
Have your say

A man suffered smoke inhalation after a tumble dryer fire at a house in Allerton Bywater.

Firefighters were called to Station Terrace at 9.57pm last night (Friday) after the occupant discovered a tumble dryer on fire in his basement.

Crews from Pontefract and Castleford used breathing apparatus and ventilation fans to clear the incident, which also affected neighbouring houses.

A Fire Service spokesman said paramedics treated the man for the effects of smoke inhalation.

He said the tumble dryer was still smouldering when they dragged it out of the property.