Pair treated after smoke inhalation

0
Have your say

A four-year-old child and an elderly occupant of a house in Pontefract needed hospital treatment after an unattended pan filled their home with smoke.

Pontefract and Castleford firefighters were called to the house on Camelot Court, off Viking Road, at 1.30am on Wednesday February 20 after a neighbour heard a smoke detector.

An unattended pan caused the house to fill with smoke. Both occupants were given treatment at the scene and then taken to hospital to be treated for smoke inhalation.