Pervert photographer banned from taking snaps of weddings or families - to protect children

Photographer Duncan Langtree has been told he can longer photograph weddings or families - in a bid to protect children.
Photographer Duncan Langtree has been told he can longer photograph weddings or families - in a bid to protect children.

A pervert photographer has been told he can longer photograph weddings or families - in a bid to protect children.

Duncan Langtree, 49, had already been banned from owning a camera in 2013 when he was jailed for 18 months after admitting filming a 13-year-old girl in the shower.

At the time, York magistrates made a sexual offences prevention order prohibiting him from owning or using any device capable of taking or storing images without letting the police know about it and letting them inspect it whenever they wanted to, among other conditions.

After his arrest Langtree moved from York to his current address in Stanley, Wakefield, where West Yorkshire Police decided the order needed a condition about his career.

So they asked York magistrates to vary the order to including a clause forbidding him from working or advertising to work as a wedding or a family photographer wherever there were likely to be children aged under 16.

York magistrates granted this variation on Monday.

Langtree will be on the sex offenders register for another four years.

He used to run a wedding photography business in York and the surrounding area. The business is now closed.

On his website he said: “Choosing the right photographer is all about trust - trust they can produce the images no matter what happens on the day, that they will lavish the same care and thought into your special day that you have”.

He now photographs trains and landscapes.