Hundreds of youngsters will once again showcase their talents at next year’s Pontefract Music Festival.
Organisers are making final preparations for the event which will run on three weekend in March at venues across the town in March.
More than 350 musicians will take part in a range of classes and performances.
Norman Dale, festival committee chairman, said: “More than 300 people took part in the festival last year and we are hoping to get at least 50 more this year.
“The festival is always extremely popular and a great showcase of the talent there is across the area.”
Organisers feared the festival, which was first held in 1903, would come to an end last year due to lack of support.
But after a grant from Wakefield Council’s community chest and an influx in entries, the event was saved.
Next year’s festival will get underway with school choir performances at King’s School on Friday, March 6.
Mr Dale added: “The festival is a very important part of the town’s heritage because so many people have taken part over the years.”
The festival will continue on Saturday and Sunday March 7 and 8, the following weekend, March 14 and 15 and finish with a celebration concert at Central Methodist Church, Newgate, Pontefract, on Sunday March 22 from 10.30am.
Mr Dale said: “The festival really is a fantastic experience, especially for younger children. It gives them a quite unique opportunity to perform in front of judges and get a professional adjudication on their work.”
For more information visit www.pontfest.co.uk