Tea light candles cause flat fire

The incidents took place on Saturday evening.

The incidents took place on Saturday evening.

Tea lights sparked a blaze at a home in Castleford.

Firefighters were called to Fulmar Road at around 9pm on Saturday.

A station spokeswoman said tea lights which weren’t in their correct holder had set fire to a rug in the first floor flat.

She warned people to make sure they know what their candles should be kept in and to keep an eye on them when they are lit.

One man was rescued from the house and taken to Pinderfields Hospital for treatment for smoke inhalation.