Baby taken to hospital after house fire in Featherstone

Latest news...
Latest news...
Share this article

An eight-month-old baby has been taken to hospital after a house fire in Featherstone.

Firefighters were called out to a property on Hillcrest Avenue at around 1.40pm this afternoon (Monday).

Jane Lingard, crew commander from Featherstone fire station, said it is believed the fire started after the cooker was left unattended.

She added: “The house was more or less cleared of smoke when we arrived and an ambulance was taking an eight-month-old baby to Pinderfields hospital in Wakefield as a precaution.

“We think the residents were cooking bacon but they forgot about it and the smoke filled the house.”

Firefighters checked for hot spots around the cooker using a thermal camera.