Electrical fault sparks fire at roofing company

editorial image

An electrical fault sparked a fire at a roofing manufacturers.

Fire crews from Castleford and Normanton were called to Rose Roofing at Slass Lane, Castleford at around 6.20am this morning (May 25).

A spokesman from Castleford station said: “An electrical fault had caused an electrical distribution board to over heat, which triggered a fire.

“It was all contained within the unit and didn’t spread.”

Firefighters were on the scene for around two hours.