People can hear about and have their say on the proposed changes to children’s services at a meeting in Featherstone this evening.
A public consultation will take place from 6pm until 7.30pm at Chesneys Centre on Regent Street about plans by Wakefield Council which could see some children’s centres close in a service re-shuffle.
The 23 centres would be centralised into six main sites and three ‘linked’ sites offering extra support in areas of high deprivation.
Services including health care and advice, family support and financial management could be delivered from seven ‘integrated early help hubs’ across the district.
Meetings will also be held at the same time on:
• Thursday, September 18, at Ossett Town Hall
• Tuesday, September 23, at The Grove, Stockingate, South Kirkby
• Wednesday, September 24, at Havercroft and Ryhill Sports and Youth Centre, on Mulberry Avenue
• Tuesday, September 30, at St Michael’s CE Academy, Flanshaw Lane, Wakefield
• Thursday, October 2, at Newlands Primary School, Normanton
People can also share their views through the online survey at www.wakefield.gov.uk/centresurvey