Firefighters tackle melted kettle in Knottingley

Latest news...
Latest news...

Firefighters were called to Knottingley after a kettle melted on an hob

Crews from Pontefract and Castleford responded to an incident at a flat on Weeland Road at 3.46pm today (Saturday).

Watch commander Michael Fox, of Pontefract Fire Station, said: “A kettle had been left on the electric hob. It melted, causing a lot of smoke.”

The crews used breathing apparatus, hose reels and fans to tackle the problem.

Mr Fox said there was quite a lot of smoke damage but the property was habitable.