Fish fingers left on the grill leads to house fire

editorial image

A man had to be rescued from his Ferrybridge flat after unattended fish fingers on a grill led to a fire.

Fire crews from Castleford and Normanton were called to a property on Fishergate at around 12.20am this morning (Wednesday).

The 31-year-old man was rescued by firefighters and treated for smoke inhalation.

Dave Smith, watch commander at Castleford Fire Station, said: “We would urge people not to leave cooking unattended as the consequences can be serious.”