IN this week’s Express we report how terrified staff at a Castleford cash and carry were threated at gunpoint by masked raiders during a terrifying armed robbery.
Also in news:
- A former worker at Castleford’s defunct Hickson and Welch chemical plant claims the site will always be toxic and should never be built on.
- Parish councillors in Brotherton claim they have been “stitched up” over plans for a travellers’ site in the village.
- Castleford Tigers’ star Dean Widders spoke of his shock after burglars raided his home while his children slept upstairs
In competitions and promotions:
- Save £5 in New Look when you spend £30 in store.
- Two for one at Lazer Zone
- Free ice cream at Farmer Copley’s.
- Castleford Tigers have a vital match at Wakefield Wildcats on Saturday in their bid to clinch a Super League play-off place. Coach Terry Matterson says the Tigers must “stop feeling sorry for ourselves” after their heartbreaking Challenge Cup semi-final defeat against Leeds Rhinos..
- Featherstone Rovers boss Daryl Powell is looking for a ‘big effort’ from his players in their remaining three league matches.
- Three pages of local cricket including scorecards and round ups of last weekend’s action