IN this week’s Express we report how a couple paid cash for a lavish wedding, bought a jet ski and booked a luxury holiday abroad using money netted for storing smuggled tobacco for a criminal gang.
Also in news:
- Viv Nicholson – who vowed to “spend, spend, spend” after winning the pools in 1961 – speaks about her life 50 years on.
- A former Ackworth School pupil who embarked on a high-flying career as a city trader has been charged with a £1.3bn fraud at Swiss banking giant USB.
- A community centre which “keeps children off the streets” has been saved from closure thanks to a £300,000 lottery grant.
- Jubilant campaigners who raised £73,000 to fight plans for a massive opencast mine near Fairburn Ings are celebrating after the developer announced it has shelved the scheme – for now.
- Money off vouchers for essential products at Tesco – including coffee, eggs and tea bags.
- Win tickets to Featherstone Rovers’ Co-operative Championship grand final.
- Featherstone Rovers coach Daryl Powell has hailed the “fantastic attitude” of his players after they reached the Championship Grand Final for the second year running.
- Former Castleford Tigers boss Terry Matterson has been officially confirmed as the new assistant coach to Neil Henry at North Queensland Cowboys.
- All the latest news from the local cricket scene including scorecards and round ups of last weekend’s action.