IN this week’s Express...
Former mayor of Featherstone Roy Bickerton has been arrested as police investigate allegations of fraud in relation to the town’s war memorial, the Express understands.
Also in news:
- Health chiefs say the proposed nightly closure of Pontefract Hospital’s A&E would be reversed if enough doctors were found to staff it. A decision will be made at a meeting tomorrow. Read the latest on our campaign to Save Our A&E.
- Murder detectives have traced three youths they want to speak to as they continue to investigate the farm fire which killed two-year-old Isobel Dobson
- A million pound revamp of Castleford Library has been given the green light by Wakefield Council chiefs.
In competitions and promotions:
- Save 10% at M&S at Junction 32
- £5 off Hotter Shoes
- Win cinema tickets
- Castleford Tigers fan turned star in the making Daryl Clark has confirmed his commitment to his hometown club by putting pen to paper on a new five-year deal.
- Featherstone Rovers have confirmed two more signings for next season, but are releasing one of the players who helped them lift the Co-operative Championship in 2011.