In this week’s Express we report how a murder trial jury has heard a pensioner who was repeatedly kicked and punched in the head as part of a “savage attack” died after choking on his own blood.
Also in news:
- Tributes have been paid to Sir Jimmy Savile for his part in helping found Pontefract’s Prince of Wales Hospice.
- Controversial plans to build a multi-fuel incinerator at Ferrybridge Power Station have been met with “disgust” by Brotherton residents.
- Hospital bosses faced angry residents at a public meeting in Wakefield – just hours before Pontefract Hospital’s A&E department closed its doors overnight for the first time on Tuesday.
In competitions and promotions:
- Buy one get one free offer at Subway, Pontefract.
- A free Jacobean Carvery dessert.
- £5 off at Bon Marche
- Win cinema tickets
- Featherstone Rovers coach Daryl Powell admits he will have some tough selection decisions next season.
- All the latest news from Castleford Tigers including details of a new appointment.