In this week’s Express we report how the heartbroken wife of a Pontefract man who was left with permanent brain damage after an unprovoked attack has launched a campaign against booze-fuelled violence.
Also in news:
- We did it! The Laila Milly foundation smashes its £60k fundraising target.
- The Olympic torch is set to blaze a trail through the Five Towns.
- Pontefract murderer jailed for life for the alleyway killing of a pensioner.
- Light up a life for the Prince of Wales Hospice this Christmas.
In competitions and promotion:
- Save £5 at Frankie and Benny’s.
- Free wine at Papa’s when you book your Christmas dinner.
- Win cinema tickets.
- Castleford Tigers are set to announce two new pack signings.
- Featherstone Rovers have set a target of having 1,000 season ticket holders next season.