IN this week’s Express we reveal how Knottingley and Castleford are national cable theft hotspots – with offences causing hundreds of thousands of pounds worth of chaos on the rail network.
Also in news:
- Police have launched an investigation after a derelict Pontefract pub was gutted in a raging inferno.
- Castleford Tigers’ star Richard Owen has apologised for his actions after being punished for a breach of the club’s code of conduct.
- Knottingley and Pontefract had the highest number of anti-social behaviour orders in the district last month – but police chiefs say they are tackling the problem by “improving confidence” in the community.
- Read our new and improved Ian Clayton column.
- Free Business Express supplement.
In competitions and promotions:
- Rail tickets to London or Edinburgh from £8.
- Baby and Toddler - your last chance to vote.
- Win cinema tickets.
- All the latest news from Castleford Tigers including a full preview of Friday night’s pre-season home match against Huddersfield Giants.
- Former Great Britain winger Gareth Raynor makes his Featherstone Rovers debut in Sunday’s pre-season game against his old club Bradford Bulls.
- An exclusive interview with former Castleford Tigers star Simon Middleton who has been appointed backs coach for the Yorkshire rugby union team.