IN this week’s Express we have the latest on a murder investigation after the deaths of Castleford’s Wheldon Infant School deputy headteacher Sarah Laycock and her eight-year-old daughter Abigail Miller.
Also in news:
- Shocking statistics show Airedale and Ferry Fryston have the highest percentage of children living in poverty in the district.
- An exciting project aimed at improving the lives of residents on Knottingley’s Warwick estate has been given a £10,000 lottery boost.
- Neighbourhood nurseries in Pontefract and Castleford facing the axe have been thrown a new lifeline by council bosses
- Free Farmer Copley’s pork pie when you spend £10
- Holidays from £10!
- 10 per cent off at Le Creuset at Junction 32
- Reader holiday supplement
- Win cinema tickets
- All the latest news from Castleford Tigers including a full preview of Sunday’s pre-season match at Wakefield plus interviews with Tigers players and a match report and action photographs from Friday’s 32-22 win against Huddersfield Giants.
- Championship winners Featherstone Rovers will field their strongest available team against Super League champions Leeds Rhinos at Headingley on Friday night in a testimonial match for Leeds half-back Rob Burrow.