In this week’s Express we report how a three-year-old girl has died after it is believed she accidentally became tangled in the cord of a window blind at her Kippax home.
Also in the news:
- The boss of the cash-strapped trust which runs Pontefract Hospital has stepped down amid mounting criticism of the management of its finances – but community leaders say more change is needed to solve its “deep-rooted” problems.
- The devastated family of Pontefract biker Colin Milton – who died after a crash in Knottingley last week – say his death will leave a “gaping hole” in their lives.
- A shocked mum told of her terror after a masked man tried to abduct her eight-year-old daughter from the front garden of their Streethouse home.
- All the latest news from Castleford Tigers including a full preview of Saturday’s opening Super League match at Salford City Reds.
- Close-season signing Danny Grimshaw has left Featherstone Rovers, without playing a competitive match for the Championship winners.
In competitions and promotions:
- Baby and Toddler competition winners announced
- Free Business Express supplement
- Half-term offers at Scarborough Sea Life Centre and Knowsley Safari Park
- Win Tigers’ family tickets to match against Bradford Bulls
- Free Tigers’ fixtures wall chart
- Send your Valentine’s Day texts