IN this week’s Express we report how under-fire health chiefs will today discuss a proposal which could see Pontefract Hospital’s A&E department reopen at night – after mounting pressure from the Express and outraged community leaders.
Also in news:
- Campaigners have revealed that Wakefield Council has run up a £4m CCTV bill in the last four years.
- Castleford Tigers’ coach Ian Millward spoke of his devastation after the sudden death of his “healthy” teenage son.
- The Express can exclusively reveal that police officers in Pontefract and Knottingley are moving to the towns’ new £2m fire station.
In competitions and promotions:
- Free litre of milk for every reader
- Money off at Wynsors Shoes
- Free chips from Charlie’s Chippy
- Win Disney on Ice family tickets
- Another chance to enter our Wedding of the Year competition
- New Car Guide
- The latest news from Featherstone Rovers, including match reports and pictures from their first two games of the new season.
- Pontefract Collieries and Glasshoughton Welfare both win to maintain their promotion aim in NCE Division One.
- Switching sides: Craig Poskitt joins Featherstone Rovers as new chief executive after five years with Cas Tigers.