In this week’s Express we report how defiant chiefs behind Castleford Tigers’ plan to sell its ground to a supermarket say they are on the verge of signing a deal with a “major retailer” as a rival £50m scheme looks set to get planning permission.
Also in this week’s Express:
- Inspirational Paul Moore – who has battled three types of cancer over 30 years – is organising a fundraising event to thank the medics who saved his life.
- Dog owners in Knottingley say they’re devastated after a spate of “malicious” poisoning attacks killed five pets.
- The new chief executive of the trust which runs Pontefract Hospital said he hopes to have a timescale for reopening its A&E at night by the end of next month.
In competitions and promotions:
- Ten per cent off Jet2 flights.
- £5 off Hotter Shoes for ladies.
- All your Mother’s Day texts.
- Great Mother’s Day offers at Abdul’s restaurant and Papa’s fish and chips.
- All the latest news from Castleford Tigers, including a full preview of Friday’s Super League match at leaders Huddersfield Giants and details of a new appointment at the Tigers.
- Champions Featherstone aim to continue a winning start to their league campaign when they take on Leigh Centurions in Thursday night’s Co-operative Championship fixture at Bigfellas Stadium.
- A full match report and action photographs from Featherstone Rovers’ victory at Keighley Cougars last weekend.
Remember to check the Express website at www.pontefractandcastlefordexpress.co.uk for all the latest breaking news.