IN this week’s Express we report how a bomb hoaxer who threatened to “blow up” the Royal Yacht Britannia in a series of booze-fuelled phone calls has been jailed.
Also in news:
- A teenager who pounced on a woman as she urinated in a Pontefract ginnel after a night out has been found guilty of rape.
- A doctor at the former Pontefract General Infirmary – who tried to take payment for working at two hospitals at the same time – has been struck off the medical register.
- A horrified shopper claims a mouldy screw embedded in a mushroom ripped out half her tooth when she bit into a sandwich.
- All the latest news from Castleford Tigers and Featherstone Rovers including a full preview of Saturday’s Carnegie Challenge Cup clash between the derby rivals.
- Exclusive news of a major sponsorship boost for Featherstone Rovers.
- Match reports and action photographs from Castleford’s two Super League matches over Easter.
- A full report and photographs from Pontefract’s first race meeting of the new season on Tuesday.
In promotions and competitions:
- Free Frankie and Benny’s ice cream sundae
- Money off at Peter Ambrose car dealership in Castleford
- Win a pair of tickets to next month’s hotly-anticipated Crooked Ways music festival