IN this week’s Express we report on how outraged residents have pledged to fight controversial plans to build 820 new houses next to two Pontefract primary schools.
Also in news:
- A pensioner who killed his long-term partner when he lost concentration and collided with another car has been spared jail.
- A mum is calling for action at a Castleford park after her four-year-old daughter was injured because vital rubber safety tiles were missing.
- Tributes have been paid to a teenage rugby player and lover of the outdoors who died in a road smash.#
- All the latest news from Castleford Tigers and Featherstone Rovers including a full preview of Featherstone’s Northern Rail Cup quarterfinal at Keighley Cougars on Thursday evening
- Pontefract Squash Club’s all international women’s team have won the National Clubs Team Championship for a record 11th time.
- Action photographs and a full report from Pontefract’s race meeting on Monday.
Competitions and promotions:
- Free £2 Euro 2012 bet with Ladbrokes
- Dads eat free at Abdul’s in Pontefract
- Vote for your top tavern in our Pub of the Year competition
- All your Father’s Day texts