IN this week’s Express we report on how two carers allegedly caught on camera subjecting an 89-year-old dementia sufferer to “physical and mental abuse” have appeared in court.
Also in news:
- Council chiefs are urging community leaders to step up and save under-threat libraries from the axe.
- A mum-of-two who claimed animals were “her life” has been banned from keeping horses for ten years after causing “unnecessary suffering” to her pets.
- Bosses at Pontefract’s Prince of Wales Hospice have paid tribute to the care centre’s patron Eva Rausing, who was found dead at her London home last week.
- Thousands of residents flocked to see colourful, creative and wacky floats sail through Knottingley during the town’s 85th annual carnival.
- All the latest news from Castleford Tigers and Featherstone Rovers including full previews of this weekend’s matches.
- Action photographs from Featherstone’s 68-0 win over Hunslet Hawks last weekend.
- A full round up, photographs and scorecards from last weekend’s local cricket matches.
Competitions and promotions:
- Win a virgin balloon flight for two worth £500
- Buy one get one free at Abdul’s in Pontefract.
- £5 off Frankie & Benny’s at Xscape.