In this week’s Express we report how a serious case review has been published into the death of a Castleford baby murdered by her father.
A report by Wakefield and District Safeguarding Children’s Board (WDSCB) found agencies involved with the family had paid “insufficient consideration” to Grace Barnes’ father, Richard Barnes, who was convicted in September of killing his nine-week-old daughter by crushing or stamping on her head.
Also in the news...
– Police are stepping up patrols at Pontefract’s isolated Monkhill railway station after 17 thefts there in the last six months.
– Friendly fundraiser Ellie Lightowler handed out hundreds of hugs this weekend to raise cash in memory of her great uncle, who had motor neurone disease.
– Devastated shop owner Della Craven says her Christmas has been “ruined” after thieves trashed her bakery business in Castleford.
– Featherstone Christmas lights pictures.
– Castleford Tigers have announced their squad numbers for 2013 and appointed Michael Shenton as their new captain.
– Featherstone Rovers have taken delivery of their new 2013 home replica shirts from Italy.
– A special photograph feature on the Elite Rugby Academy’s new Castleford base.
– All the latest news and match reports from the local soccer and rugby scenes including photographs from Pontefract RUFC’s thrilling win against Old Brodleians in the Yorkshire Shield.
– Free cheese truckle from Cryer & Stott.
– Aspire seven day pass and over 50 per cent off public swimming, gym, or fitness class sessions.
– Free Christmas gift guide.
– More of your Light up a Life tributes.