In this week’s Express we lead on a man who has appeared in court charged with murdering his partner and young daughter more than a year ago.
Also in news:
- A Pontefract nursery that was earmarked for closure has been saved and will officially be taken over by a community group on Monday.
- Up to 50 full-time staff face the axe under plans to close two units at Ferrybridge Power Station.
- Dedicated staff at Pontefract Bus Station have been rewarded for their work to improve facilities by the town’s civic society.
- A £266,000 project to repair to repair the external stonework of the 12th century St Giles’ Church in Pontefract has got underway.
- Castleford Tigers coach Ian Millward is relishing Friday night’s derby clash against Wakefield Wildcats.
- Featherstone Rovers boss Daryl Powell plans to make full use of his squad during a hectic spell of four games in 13 days.
- Pontefract squash star James Willstrop has become the first player to win the Canary Wharf Classic four times.
- A full round-up of local junior sport including news of 16-year-old Pontefract student Ellie Smith’s selection for the Women’s Student’s Rugby League team.
- Two for one entry at Alton Towers.
- Plus a free 64 page leisure guide.