This week we lead on a crooked cop who faces jail after stealing massive amounts of seized drugs and conspiring to put them back on the streets.
Also in news:
- Villagers are backing an eight-year-old boy who has leukaemia by fundraising for a charity which has been helping him.
- Police officers in Castleford have been united with firefighters in the town.
- More than 400 penalty notices have been issued across the district during the past academic year.
- A Pontefract private school, which started as a nursery with just a dozen children, has celebrated its 50th anniversary.
- Plus we also explore the region’s liquorice heritage in a double page feature.
- Easter misery was heaped on Castleford Tigers with two defeats in four days against Wakefield and St Helens.
- Three-times Challenge Cup winners Featherstone Rovers are set to field a strong side in Sunday’s cup clash against amateurs Thatto Heath.
- Pontefract Squash Club’s James Willstrop has moved back up to number three in the latest world rankings.
- All the latest news and match reports from the local soccer, amateur RL and rugby union scenes.
- Your last chance to win a Mini
- Free Panini Disney Princess album pack