This week we lead on touching tributes to a “vibrant and caring” Featherstone teacher and mum-of-two who has collapsed and died, aged 37.
Also in news:
- The roof on a block of six flats in Knottingley was ripped off in high winds before plunging on to a shopping precinct.
- A Kellingley miner died in a roof collapse just days after a similar incident was “inadequately” investigated, an inquest has ruled.
- Police and firefighters have moved in together at Castleford’s newly-refurbished fire station which bosses say will improve blue light services.
- Relatives and carers will be able to stay overnight with patients at Pontefract’s Prince of Wales Hospice for the first time thanks to a £210,000 grant.
Plus, we have a double page spread on a homeless shelter at a church in Castleford.
- England star Rangi Chase is set play for Castleford Tigers in Friday night’s Challenge Cup tie at Leeds Rhinos despite being linked with a move to Australian club St George Illawara.
- Featherstone Rovers coach Daryl Powell says there is no pressure on his side as they aim to pull off a Challenge Cup upset at London Broncos on Saturday.
- Pontefract Squash Club’s mens, womens and under 19 mixed teams have all reached the National Clubs finals.
- All the latest news from the local soccer and rugby scenes plus a full round-up of junior sport.
- Free Finding Nemo sticker pack and book
- Save 25 per cent on the Express when you subscribe