This week we lead on a lying dad from Featherstone who plotted to avoid paying child maintenance by sending another man for a DNA test in his place.
Also in news:
- A brave ten-year-old’s wish came true when his favourite footballer paid him a special visit to unveil his newly revamped bedroom.
- A worried dad fears parking restrictions near an Ackworth primary school are putting children’s lives at risk.
- Furious residents have vowed to fight plans for a £200m incinerator on the site of Kellingley Colliery, which would burn up to 280,000 tonnes of waste a year.
- The owner of the historic 15th century Counting House in Pontefract is calling on townsfolk for their ideas on its future use.
Plus, we have a double page spread on foster caring.
- Featherstone Rovers unveil their new coach who will take up the reins on December 1. Interim coach Ryan Sheridan will stay in charge for the rest of this season.
- Castleford’s new head coach Daryl Powell is weighing up his selection options for his first game in charge, a trip to France to play Catalan Dragons on Saturday.
- All the news from the local cricket scene, plus a full round up of local soccer, amateur rugby and junior sport news.
- There’s also the chance to win tickets to watch England’s cricketers in Test match action at Headingley.
- Two for one entry at top UK attractions including Alton Towers.