In this week’s Express we report how the mother of Castleford woman Chelsea Hyndman has given evidence at the trial of the man accused of causing her daughter’s death in Crete three years ago.
Also in the news...
– Plans for a second multi-million pound investment at Ferrybridge Power Station could create hundreds more jobs across the Five Towns.
– The Express is calling on the government to help secure the future of Kellingley Colliery and its 700 workers, by asking readers to sign a petition.
– Figures show Wakefield Council spent more than twice the national average to bring the Olympic torch to the district last summer.
– Castleford Tigers coach Daryl Powell has challenge his players to repeat the form they showed in their Magic Weekend win over Wakefield when they face London on Saturday.
– Featherstone Rovers hope to have key players back after injury for their top of the table clash at Leigh on Saturday.
– Pontefract squash star James Willstrop defied weather problems to reach the semi-finals of the Allam Open Championship in Hull.
– All the news from the local cricket scene, plus a full round up of local soccer, amateur rugby and junior sports news.
– 20 per cent off Frankie and Benny’s.