In this week’s Express we report how a dad on trial claims he saw his partner ‘slam’ their baby daughter into a changing mat three days before she died.
Lee Davison told Leeds Crown Court how he then witnessed Jessica Hopkinson ‘drop’ seven-week-old Kristal onto a sofa at their home in Ashleigh Avenue, Pontefract, on April 10 last year.
Also in the news...
– Plans to transform a former pit site into multi-million pound housing estate have been given the nod by council bosses.
– Staff at a Castleford charity say they are ‘sickened’ after thieves swiped computer equipment and caused thousands of pounds worth of damage.
– Castleford’s ‘first lady’ – former councillor Winifred McLoughlin – has been awarded a British Empire Medal in the Queen’s Birthday Honours List.
– Castleford coach Daryl Powell is looking for “an 80-minute performance” against Hull on on Friday night when the Tigers play their first home Super League match for seven weeks.
– Featherstone Rovers are looking to put things right at Barrow on Sunday after their shock home defeat against Doncaster last time out.
– Pontefract Squash Club’s James Willstrop clinched victory for England against Egypt in the final of the World Men’s Team championship.
– A full list of the qualifiers for Castleford and District Crown Green Bowling Association’s annual festival next month.
– All the news from the local cricket scene, plus a full round up of local soccer, amateur rugby and junior sports news.
– BOGOF at Subway
– Win the chance to meet popstar Ronan Keating
– See inside for our Armed Forces 32-page supplement