In this week’s Express we report how a dad has been found guilty and a mum declared innocent of inflicting fatal injuries on their seven-week-old daughter.
Also in the news...
– Children’s centres could close and roads could be left to crumble after the government’s latest cuts stripped Wakefield Council of another £12m.
– The future of Castleford and Normanton District Hospital has been thrown into doubt after a hospital trust plans to stop using the site.
– Picture spreads on Ackworth Gala, Darrington Feast and Fear, Farmer Copley’s Festival at the Farm, Wilf’s Fest and Darrington Scarecrow Festival.
– After their stunning win at Wigan, Castleford Tigers will aim to step up their play-off bid in Sunday’s home match against St Helens.
– Featherstone Rovers will aim to keep up the pressure at the of of the Championship in Sunday’s home game against Batley Bulldogs.
– Photographs and a full report from Monday’s Pontefract race meeting and a preview of next Tuesday’s seven-race programme when a £40,000 Listed race is the highlight.
– Pontefract Squash Club had five winners at the West Yorkshire Junior Open Championships.
– All the news from the local cricket scene, plus a full round up of local soccer, amateur rugby and junior sports news.
– A 12-page special supplement featuring all your school sports pictures.
– Win your dream wedding.
– Win a free gym pass worth £6.99.