This week we lead on a young mum who allegedly plotted to kill her husband by asking her lover via text message to “get the job done.”
Also in news: - Angry pet owners are locked in a battle with Wakefield and District Housing after being told they have to get rid of their animals.
- MPs across the Five Towns have racked up an expenses bill of almost £180,000.
- A man who was five times the drink-drive limit when he was found slumped behind the wheel dressed in a female police officer’s uniform has been jailed.
- A Castleford church is helping families in need across the town by setting up a new food bank.
- Plus, we speak to former boxing champion Evander Holyfield who visited a homeless charity in Pontefract last week.
- Featherstone Rovers centre Vince Mellars will have a late fitness test on a knee injury before Sunday’s Championship play-off semi-final against Batley Bulldogs.
- Australian winger Justin Carney has capped a successful first season in England by winning the Castleford Tigers Supporters’ Club player of the year award.
- A full round up of news from the final day of the local cricket season.
- All the latest soccer, amateur rugby league and rugby union match reports, plus junior sports news and reports.
- Vote for your favourite six to 11 month old toddler in our Cute Kids.
- Money off Yorkshire food at Tesco.