This week we lead on a town centre hotel that could be turned into a recovery centre for homeless people battling alcohol and drug addictions.
Also in news:
- Brave Chloe Moss will fly to the US next month for treatment after having a tumour half the size of a house brick removed from her brain.
- Furious residents will keep fighting plans for a 1,500 animal pig farm on their doorstep.
- Helpdesk staff at Castleford police station have moved out of Jessop Street – signalling the end of an era for the building.
- Developers have submitted plans to build a £20m new housing scheme in Methley which would see 181 new homes in the village.
- Grieving mum Ann Dyas says she can’t mourn at her sons’ grave in Pontefract cemetery as water is making it sink.
Plus, we have a special feature on Pontefract’s haunted history.
- Castleford Tigers have suffered an injury blow at the start of pre-season training.
- All the latest news from Featherstone Rovers including the appointment of a new full-time head of strength and conditioning.
- A full round up of soccer, rugby league and rugby union match reports, plus junior sports news and reports.
- Buy one get one free at Subway.
- Free £2 bet on the Rugby League World Cup.
- Free 32-page Christmas supplement.
- Win a millionaire’s style weekend in Paris.