This week we lead on a man who has appeared in court charged with sex offences following a series of attacks on young girls in Castleford.
Also in news:
- Council bosses are set to reject a government recommendation to return to weekly bin collections.
- Work on Castleford’s new multi-million pound bus station moved forward this week.
- Angry butcher Ian Wandless says he faces a damages bill of nearly £7,000 after rain flooded his shop in Castleford market hall on Monday.
- Pub landlords in Knottingley have joined forces against troublemakers by setting up a pub watch scheme.
- All the latest news from Castleford Tigers who are just 80 minutes away from Wembley after last weekend’s stunning Challenge Cup quarterfinal win at Wigan.
- Photographs, reaction and match reports from last weekend’s victories for Castleford Tigers and Featherstone Rovers.
- Methley host Townville in the Heavy Woollen Cricket Cup semi-finals after both teams achieved impressive away wins last Sunday.
- Two pages of junior sport and a full round up of bowls, soccer and amateur rugby league reports.
- Get a free England T-shirt and show your support as the World Cup gets underway in Brazil.
- Free World Cup preview supplement.
- Part three of our First World War supplements.