This week we lead on a Castleford man who got down on one knee after his girlfriend crossed the Race for Life finish line in memory of her nan.
Also in news:
- The family of Castleford youngster Cameron Harper – who was refused an operation on the NHS that could help him walk – have been given fresh hope.
- Olympic champions Alistair and Jonathan Brownlee could be cycling into town to take part in the inaugural Pontefract Grand Prix.
- The family of former Castleford player Tony Dean has paid tribute to the “best dad in the world” after he lost his long battle with cancer.
- A Knottingley man who was caught with £10,000 worth of cannabis growing at his home has been jailed.
- The future of Kellingley Colliery is once again in doubt after unions working on a buyout deal have been forced to change their plans.
- Castleford Tigers will be aiming to climb to second in Super League in Thursday night’s clash at Hull FC.
Report, reaction and photographs from Featherstone Rovers’ impressive 52-6 win over Batley Bulldogs last Sunday..
- A full report and photographs from Pontefract’s race meeting on Friday plus a preview of this Sunday’s meeting.
- Pontefract Squash Club’s James Willstrop is hoping to strike gold in the Commonwealth Games in Glasgow..
- Two pages of news from the local cricket scene and two pages of junior rugby league reports, plus a round up of soccer and amateur rugby league news.
- Two for one entry to some of Blackpool’s top attractions.