This week we reveal the top 10 crime hotspots across the district.
Also in news:
- A puppy was given a second chance at life after undergoing complex heart surgery.
- School crossing patrols could be cut by Wakefield Council after it approved a new interim budget savings plan.
- Workers at doomed Kellingley Colliery claim delays mean a deal that would keep the pit open until 2018 would now cost at least £200m.
- Devoted pet owner Tracey Toft has thanked the community for helping to raise £3,000 for an operation for her dog Harvey.
- Plans for a new £15m leisure centre in Pontefract Park give Wakefield Council the ‘only chance’ to build such a facility in the Five Towns.
- An exclusive interview with Castleford Tigers’ new overseas recruit Junior Moors.
- All the latest news from Featherstone Rovers who have given hooker George Flanagan an early release from his contract.
- Action photographs and match reports from the BARLA Yorkshire Cup semi-finals involving Fryston Warriors and Methley Royals.
- A full round up of soccer, amateur rugby league and rugby union reports, plus comprehensive coverage of junior sport.
- Train fares to London from £10.