This week we lead on a £400,000 scheme to improve safety at Pontefract’s Monkhill railway station which starts next week.
Also in news:
- Brave youngster Clayton Dwyer - who has cystic fibrosis - was given an early Christmas present when he met his sporting heroes.
- Motorists in Knottingley face three months of delays as Wakefield Council carries out work to improve road safety in the town.
- Wakefield Council will get £22.3m to repair pothole-ridden roads across the district.
- The closure of Pontefract Magistrates’ Court was a ‘criminal offence’, a retired magistrate has claimed.
- We also have part two in our review of 2014.
In sport: - Action photographs, match report and reaction from last Sunday’s pre-season derby match between Castleford Tigers and Featherstone Rovers.
- Castleford Tigers and Featherstone Rovers figure prominently in a review of the local sporting year.
- There was disappointment for Lock Lane when they lost to West Hull in Sunday’s BARLA Yorkshire Under 18 Cup final at South Leeds Stadium.
- Graham Orange, the voice of Yorkshire racing for almost 30 years, was named Yorkshire racing personality of the year at the Go Racing In Yorkshire annual lunch at York.