This week we lead on a Pontefract mum who couldn’t believe her eyes when her five-year-old son walked through the front door in the middle of a school day. Little Jaron Smith had escaped school by climbing over a fence and walking for ten minutes – crossing busy main roads – to get home to his mum.
Also in news:
- Developers will start building the first phase of new homes on the former Prince of Wales Colliery site in Pontefract later this month.
- A £150m scheme to build 1,200 new homes and ‘transform’ Castleford is expected to be complete within ten years.
- A talented animator from Ackworth has been nominated for a BAFTA award.
- Gale force winds ripped through a stand at Castleford Tigers’stadium causing thousands of pounds of damage.
- Castleford Tigers captain Michael Shenton is using his disappointment at being dropped by England as a big motivation for the new Super League season.
- Featherstone coach Andy Hay is looking for further improvement from his side in their third pre-season game at Batley Bulldogs on Sunday.
- Action photographs, match reports and reaction from last Sunday’s pre-season matches involving Castleford Tigers and Featherstone Rovers.
- A full round up of rugby union, amateur rugby league and football match reports.
- Unlimited rail travel for £10.
- Free holiday ideas supplement.