This week we lead on a pair of con men who tricked their way into the home of a ‘vulnerable’ 92-year-old woman before raiding her belongings.
Also in news:
- Motorbike racer Jamie Cartwright – who broke seven vertebrae in crash at the Isle of Man TT races – is trekking up Mount Everest to raise cash for the hospital that “transformed” his life.
- Work on a £600,000 scheme to ease congestion at Pontefract’s notorious Town End junction has been further delayed.
- A Castleford school has been judged ‘inadequate’ in a report by Ofsted inspectors.
- Leaders at Castleford’s Trinity Methodist Church have launched a campaign to raise cash for a new roof.
- Castleford Tigers, who are unbeaten in pre-season matches, are gearing up for their biggest warm up test so far against Widnes Vikings at the Mend-A-Hose Jungle on Sunday.
- Featherstone Rovers coach Andy Hay is looking for a big improvement in attitude when his side face York City Knights in their fourth pre-season outing at Pontefract RUFC on Sunday.
- Action photographs, match reports and reaction from last Sunday’s pre-season matches involving Featherstone Rovers and Castleford Tigers.
- Twelve-year-old Jake Johnson from Low Ackworth - one of the rising stars of British gymnastics - has been selected for the national squad.
- A full round up of rugby union, amateur rugby league and football match reports.
- Unlimited rail travel for £10.