This week we lead on the devastated parents of two friends who died in a horror car smash in Featherstone after they paid touching tribute to their ‘loving and caring’ sons.
Also in news:
- Castleford’s new multi-million pound bus station will open its doors to passengers for the first time on Sunday.
- Campaigners in Castleford fear the town’s former police station could be turned into a rehabilitation centre.
- The family of a five-year-old girl with a life-limiting illness is hoping to raise £20,000 for a specialist wheelchair to help her become more independent.
- Today could be the day Castleford Tigers’ hopes of a new stadium finally become a reality.
- A Castleford care home has been told it must improve after an unannounced inspection raised fears for the welfare of residents.
- Castleford Tigers head coach Daryl Powell has hit out at the officials who cost his side victory at Catalans Dragons last Saturday.
- Featherstone Rovers coach Andy Hay wants his players to eliminate errors and penalties in Sunday’s tricky match at Doncaster.
- Reaction, match reports and photographs from last weekend’s matches involving Castleford Tigers and Featherstone Rovers.
- Featherstone Lions visit Elland in the Ladbrokes Challenge Cup third round after last weekend’s stunning win at Elland.
- A full round up of rugby union, amateur rugby league and football match reports, plus all the latest news from Pontefract Squash Club.
- Win one of two £500 gardening vouchers.