This week we lead on a pensioner who died after being hit by her sister’s runaway car in Tesco supermarket car park in Pontefract.
Also in news:
- Creative staff at Castleford Academy have helped to make revision more appealing by producing their own music video.
- Dozens of men were involved in a mass brawl in the car park of the Xscape entertainment complex in Castleford.
- Kellingley Colliery will close by the end of the year after the government rejected a £338m state aid bid to extend its life until 2018.
- Fitness fans in Pontefract are raising cash for two charities that have supported their gym owner’s daughter.
- We also have a double-page picture special from a school tag rugby tournament in Castleford.
- Castleford Tigers are in a confident mood ahead of Friday’s home Super League derby clash against Leeds Rhinos.
- Featherstone Rovers aim to retain their top-four Championship place in home fixtures against London Broncos and Sheffield Eagles over the Easter period.
- Reaction, match reports and photographs from last weekend’s matches involving Castleford Tigers and Featherstone Rovers.
- Castleford RUFC have clinched promotion to Yorkshire Division Two with two games remaining.
- A preview of Pontefract’s opening race meeting of the season next Tuesday.
- A full round up of amateur rugby league and football match reports, plus two pages of junior sport news.
- Half price entry to Flamingo Land to see Union J live.