This week our top story is about thousands of pupils who have been excluded from school for offences including assault, drugs and racial abuse during the past two years.
Also in news:
- Rugby-mad youngster Koby Braithwaite - who has a cleft lip - had a dream day when he met his sporting heroes.
- Wakefield Council has not picked up the bill for the ‘fiasco’ around changes to bin collections.
- Plans for a new Aldi supermarket and Home Bargains store in Glass Houghton are expected to be rejected by council bosses.
- Pet owner Tracey Lund says her dog was ‘ripped to shreds’ by two stray dogs in an attack on Pontefract’s Chequerfield estate.
- A teenager drowned when her car plunged into a drainage ditch after she lost control of it at low speed following a night out in Pontefract.
- At least six first teamers are set to be missing when injury-hit Castleford Tigers face in-form Hull KR at the Mend-A-Hose Jungle on Saturday.
- Former Australia and Samoa international Reni Maitua will make his Featherstone Rovers at Batley on Sunday as they look to bounce back from two successive home defeats.
- Reaction, match reports and photographs from the Easter matches involving Castleford Tigers and Featherstone Rovers.
- Photographs and a full report from Pontefract’s first race meeting of the season on Tuesday.
- A full round up of amateur rugby league and football match reports, plus junior sport news.
- Win £250 worth of clothes in our Wakey Up Your Wardrobe.