This week we lead on a man who was bitten in the face during a vicious attack in Castleford town centre.
Also in news:
- We speak to Castleford actor Colson Smith about being at the centre of one Coronation Street’s biggest storylines.
- The son of Britain’s most famous pools winner Viv Nicholson has paid tribute to his “loving and unique” mother following her death at the age of 79.
- Plans to build 343 homes next to two primary schools in Pontefract have been approved – despite fears over children’s safety.
- Workers at Kellingley Colliery - due to close at the end of the year - now fear the site could shut as early as June.
- Castleford boss Daryl Powell sees his side’s next two Super League games at Widnes and Salford as “really important” as the Tigers aim to continue their climb.
- Featherstone Rovers coach Andy Hay will not take League One outfit North Wales Crusaders lightly in Sunday’s Challenge Cup clash at Wrexham.
- Reaction, match reports and photographs from last weekend’s games involving Castleford Tigers and Featherstone Rovers.
- Pontefract Collieries stayed on course for the NCE League Division One title with Tuesday night’s 2-1 win at Hemsworth Miners Welfare.
- A full round up of amateur rugby league and football match reports, plus junior sport news.