This week we lead on driving instructor Mark Gregory who fears there could be a serious accident after ‘crazy’ changes to the layout on one of Pontefract’s busiest roads.
Also in news:
- Motorbike racer Jamie Cartwright - who broke seven vertebrae in a crash at the Isle of Man TT races - raised almost £2,000 for the hospital that “transformed” his life by trekking up Mount Everest.
- A memorial service for Britain’s most famous pools winner Viv Nicholson will be held in her home town of Castleford tomorrow.
- Castleford store Bedworld has ceased trading with the loss of 22 jobs.
- The family of a motorcyclist left fighting for his life after a head-on crash have thanked the people who they say helped saved his life.
- Youngster Layla Black will jet off to Azerbaijan later this year after being selected to swim for her country.
- Castleford Tigers have been given a boost with news that new signing Ryan Bailey is ready to play and Denny Solomona and Frankie Mariano are in contention to return to action against Catalans Dragons this Sunday.
- Major signings Reni Maitua and Garreth Carvell are set to make their home debuts for Featherstone Rovers this Sunday.
- Reaction and match reports from last weekend’s games involving Castleford Tigers and Featherstone Rovers.
- Promoted Pontefract Collieries missed out on the Toolstation NCE League Division One title.
- Two pages of news from the local cricket scene.
- A full round up of amateur rugby league and football match reports, plus two pages of junior sport.