This week we lead on a man who is still in hospital with a serious head injury after a mass brawl involving up to 40 people broke out in Pontefract town centre.
Also in news:
- Long-awaited work to replace Pontefract’s Town End junction with two roundabouts has hit further delays.
- Featherstone councillor June Cliffe has been appointed the Mayor of Wakefield.
- Homeowners in Knottingley claim they could be forced out of their homes as part of plans to build two new distribution warehouses right on their doorstep.
- The closure of Ferrybridge Power Station, with the loss of up to 400 jobs, will have a big impact on the whole of the Knottingley and Ferrybridge area, residents have claimed.
- We also have a picture special from Monday’s dragon boat race in Knottingley.
- Injury-hit Castleford Tigers will be looking for a change of fortune as well as revenge when they visit Newcastle for their Magic Weekend derby with Wakefield Wildcats on Sunday.
- Featherstone Rovers have the chance to put their Championship top-four bid back on track with successive home matches against Batley and Halifax..
- Photographs, reaction and match reports from last weekend’s matches involving Castleford Tigers and Featherstone Rovers.
- Report and photographs from Pontefract evening race meeting on Friday that attracted a bumper crowd of 8,000.
- Two pages of news from the local cricket scene.
- A full round up of amateur rugby league and football match reports, plus all the latest junior sport.