This week we lead on what motorists have described as ‘four days of madness’ after four crashes in as many days at Town End junction in Pontefract.
Also in news:
- A takeaway driver was seriously injured following an assault outside a Pontefract pub.
- Plans to build a supermarket and B&M Bargains store on the site of the former Crystal Drinks site in Featherstone could create 120 jobs.
- Unqualified staff could be hired to teach some of the district’s most vulnerable children.
- Masked raiders assaulted a security guard and stole more than £10,000 in a smash and grab raid at the Asda supermarket in Glass Houghton.
- Castleford Tigers boss Daryl Powell has urged his players to build on their Magic Weekend mauling of Wakefield Wildcats.
- Coach Andy Hay says Featherstone Rovers will have to be at their best if they are to beat old rivals Halifax at Big Fellas Stadium on Saturday.
- Photographs, reaction and match reports from last weekend’s matches involving Castleford Tigers and Featherstone Rovers.
- A full list of entrants for next week’s Castleford Bowls Festival qualifying matches.
- A preview of Pontefract’s second evening race meeting of the season next Monday.
- Three pages of news from the local cricket scene.
- A full round up of amateur rugby league and football match reports, plus all the latest junior sport.