This week we lead on plans to make up to 200 workers at Kellingley Colliery redundant next month as its operators UK Coal continues with its plan to close the site.
Also in news:
- The family of a five-year-old girl with a life-limiting illness have thanked people and businesses across the Five Towns after they raised £20,000 for a specialist wheelchair.
- Top cyclists took to the streets of Pontefract as they battled it out it in the town’s second annual Grand Prix event.
- Plans for two new warehouses in Knottingley, which will create 2,000 jobs, have been given the go ahead.
- The last bank in Featherstone will close despite new homes expected to increase the town’s population
- A mutli-million pound project to restore Pontefract Castle was officially launched with a fun day.
- Prolific try scorer Denny Solomona has promised Castleford Tigers fans they have not seen the best of him yet.
- Featherstone Rovers will aim to maintain an excellent away record in the Championship in Sunday’s tricky looking game at Workington Town.
- Photographs, reaction and match reports from last weekend’s matches involving Castleford Tigers and Featherstone Rovers.
- A full report and photographs from Pontefract’s second evening race meeting of the season last Monday.
- All the latest news from the local cricket scene.
- A full round up of amateur rugby league and football match reports, plus junior sport news.