This week we lead on further changes to the layout at Pontefract’s Town End junction.
Also in news:
- The parents of a teenager who has one of the world’s rarest disorders are fundraising to give their son a voice.
- Campaigners and politicians battling to extend the life of the doomed Ferrybridge Power Station have stepped up their fight.
- A £400,000 scheme to improve safety at Pontefract’s Monkhill railway station has been completed - but campaigners are still fighting for better disabled access at the site.
- Plans to build 181 new homes in Methley that will also see better flood defences built in the village have been approved.
- Youngster Layla Black won two bronze medals at her first ever swimming European Championships.
- Castleford Tigers are set to be close to full-strength when they return to action on Sunday after more than a two-week break.
- Featherstone will play their third game in eight days when they face Dewsbury Rams at Big Fellas Stadium on Sunday.
- Methley are firmly on course to win both the Central Yorkshire League’s Premiership title and Jack Hampshire Trophy for the second successive season.
- Two pages of junior sport.