This week we lead on two men wearing masks from the horror film Scream who walked into a Knottingley pub and doused it with a flammable liquid before setting it on fire in front of customers.
Also in news:
- More than 2,700 complaints about noise nuisance were received by Wakefield Council last year.
- Pontefract councillor Paula Sherriff has decided to retire now she is the MP for Dewsbury.
- Community leaders hope that improvements at Pontefract Park will increase visitor numbers to the site and the town.
- Police in Pontefract have launched a clampdown on boy racers after forcing them to leave three car parks in the town.
- Touching tributes have been paid to ‘caring and loving’ former Castleford and Pontefract District Lions president John Davison who died suddenly at the age of 62.
- Head coach Daryl Powell is hoping a change in preparation will bring about a change of fortune as he aims to make it third time lucky taking his Castleford Tigers side over to France.
- Coach Jon Sharp believes Featherstone’s determined display in last weekend’s 28-16 win at Doncaster could stand them in good stead for Sunday’s clash against Workington Town at Derwent Park.
- In cricket, the race for the Central Yorkshire League’s Premiership crown was blown wide open by results on Saturday when Methley lost top spot.