This week we lead on plans for to close three swimming pools and replace them with a multi-million pound facility in Pontefract Park.
Also in news:
- Mum Emma Butterfield is warning parents to be aware of the symptoms of liver conditions after her daughter had to have a seven-hour operation at just five-weeks old.
- Pontefract’s secret ballot box will form part of a new democracy exhibition at the Houses of Parliament.
- Campaigners have vowed to fight against possible fracking across the area after new licenses were awarded by the government.
- A conman who falsified stolen prescriptions in a bid to satisfy his addiction to the drug codeine has been jailed.
- Castleford Tigers boss Daryl Powell wants his side to sign off at home with a big display against top four rivals St Helens tonight.
- Featherstone coach Jon Sharpe hopes to welcome back several key players for tomorrow night’s Champion-ship Shield clash against in-form Hunslet Hawks at South Leeds Stadium.
- In cricket, Great Preston were celebrating double title success in their first year in the Central Yorkshire League with both their first and second teams clinching their respective divisions with a week to spare.
- £10 rail offer.